Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cowboys Vs. Aliens

2011
Starring: Daniel Craig, Olivia Wilde, Harrison Ford
Directed by: Jon Favreau
Written by: Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman

I did not have high hopes for this movie, given its name, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The first 45 minutes or so were really good at setting up the rest of the movie.  It really established a campy Western feel, and Daniel Craig was the perfect, rough-around-the-edges, lonely cowboy.  He's pretty damn rugged and sexy.

Unfortunately, the movie kind of lost me once the aliens came around.  I was much more interested in the relationships between the human characters than the battle to destroy the aliens.  It may have been because I was really tired, but I just kind of checked out.  The cast is great, though.  This is worth seeing if you want some action, sexy people, and witty Western stuff.  It's a pretty well-crafted movie.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment