Wednesday, March 25, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

2008
Director: Ken Kwapis
Starring: Everyone and their mom. More specifically, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Ginnifer Goodwin, Justin Long, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Connilly, Ben Affleck, ScarJo, etc etc etc.

Okay, I'll admit it: I read the book. I had a crazy obsessed going-nowhere high school crush that I needed to get over, and my best friend loaned me the book. It was affective. But now I'm a big girl and I'm not totally lame and I understand the message: If a guy is into you, HE WILL ACT LIKE IT. Knowing this, I was kind of bored through this movie. It wasn't BAD...like, it didn't make me want to yell at the screen and punch the person next to me and pull my eyelashes out one by one. But nothing really lingered either. It wasn't funny. It wasn't really sad. The ending for each couple didn't really follow the message of the movie.

What I DID like was how extremely relevant the smoking/cheating/lying subplot was to my life. Er, I mean...this friend I have. Not me. Nothing like that ever happened to me.

C+

No comments:

Post a Comment